Richard D. Freier, M.D. is a Diplomate of the American Board of Family Medicine with over 10 years’ experience specializing in family medicine, hyperbaric medicine, wound care and minor cosmetic procedures. He earned his medical degree from the American University of Antigua College of Medicine, after which he completed his post-doctoral residency training at MidMichigan Medical Center of Michigan State University, working his last year and graduating with the honor of Chief Resident.
Dr. Freiers’ honors and recognitions include the 2018 NCQA Recognition for Quality Diabetes Care, 2018 NCQA Recognition for Quality Cardiovascular and Stroke Care, and Chief Resident at MidMichigan Family Practice Residency in 2010. While in residency Dr. Freier was a member of the executive committee who successfully transformed the MidMichigan Family Practice Residency program to an approved Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). He also developed the Diabetic Lab Protocol for the PCMH program which continues to be followed at MidMichigan Family Practice.
Dr. Freier’s professional memberships include:
- Florida Medical Association
- International Society of Sexual Medicine
- Sexual Medicine Society of North America
- American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American College of Cosmetic Surgery
- Diver’s Alert Network
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Family Medicine Political Action Committee
- Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society
- American Academy of Procedural Medicine
Dr. Freier has also been an active volunteer in any community which he practices. Some of his volunteer efforts include:
- Associate Team Physician for the Orlando City Soccer Team in Orlando, Florida. Providing health care to players, family, and staff.
- Skin Cancer Screening at MidMichigan Medical Center in Midland, Michigan. Performing free skin screening as a part of MidMichigan Health’s Cancer Screening and Preventive Medicine program.
- Prostate Screening at MidMichigan Medical Center in Midland, Michigan. Performing prostate exams as part of MidMichigan Health’s annual Men’s Health day.
- Field side physician at Midland and Dow High School in Midland, Michigan. Volunteering as field physician for high school football games.
- STD Lectures at Midland and Dow High School in Midland, Michigan. Education to high school students about common STD’s, as well as treatment and avoidance.
- Medical volunteer in the spinal cord injury unit of the VA Medical Center in Augusta, Georgia.
At Optimal Male Performance Center, Dr. Freier is the Medical Director and head physician. He works with patients and the centers’ other medical professionals, developing the safest and most effective protocols in order to provide the highest quality medical care. When not working, Dr. Freier enjoys spending time with family, scuba diving, spear fishing, flying, snow skiing, water skiing, sailing, hunting, camping, and reading.